If you find yourself in one of the situations listed below or suffer from mental and/or physical disabilities, you must not wear the thermal ring. If this is the case, you must inform your general practitioner. They will present you with alternative contraception methods that suit your situation better or with other possible options to use the thermal ring depending on your situation.
INFORM YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU HAVE ANY THE FOLLOWING HISTORIES:
- Testicular descent anomalies (cryptorchidism, ectopia), treated or not;
- Inguinal hernia, treated or not;
- Testicular cancer;
- Sensitivity alteration in the pubis, groin, penis or scrotum areas;
- Strength decline in the hands.
DURING THE CLINICAL EXAMINATION, THE DOCTOR MAY DETECT SOME CONTRAINDICATIONS:
- You suffer from severe obesity; Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is ≥ 30 kg/m2;
- You suffer from grade 3 varicocele;
- You have an intra-scrotal nodule;
- You have a significant hydrocele;
- You suffer from cutaneous filariasis or elephantiasis;
- You have topical cutaneous infections in the penis, scrotum, groin and pubis areas;
- You have contact dermatitis in the penis, scrotum, groin and pubis areas;
- You have a penile edema.